Clean Energy Program
The Clean Energy Program (or CLEP) is part of the Community Enhancement Program, which can be downloaded here. The CLEP provides financial contributions towards implementing clean energy improvements in the community.
Revised in 2016, following feedback from applicants, the CLEP began operation on 1st September 2016.
If you haven’t applied for the program yet, then we recommend you get involved. Under Stage 1 of the program, if you are eligible, you will receive an energy audit of your house. Under Stage 2 of the program, eligible residents will be able to apply for a grant of approximately $6500 (indexed) to make energy efficiency improvements to their house. This might include installation of a solar hot water service, a solar PV system, wall insulation or better insulated windows.
Below is a suite of documents about the Clean Energy Program.
We recommend you first read the Clean Energy Program Brochure. It provides a good overview of the program. If you want to apply, you can then download an application form.
If you want to investigate the program in more detail, we’ve provided a host of other documents.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any queries about the program.
Applications for the next Stage 2 Funding Round will close on 22nd December 2021.
Must read documents:
- Clean Energy Program Brochure
- Stage 1 Application Form
- Stage 2 Application Form (includes a draft funding agreement)
Optional read documents:
- A map showing a 5km distance around the wind farm to assist you in working out whether you are eligible for the program.
- Community Enhancement Program (CEP) document – 14th February 2019
- The CLEP Guidelines
- List of potential suppliers
- Clean Energy Council’s Guide to Installing Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Panels for Households
- Clean Energy Council’s Guide to Installing a Household Battery Storage System
- CLEP Stage 2 application review process
- Clean Energy Program Annual Reports can be found under DA Condition 5.6 in the table here
- Information posted on our website since May 2016 regarding the update of the program.
- A summary of the changes made to the CLEP during its 2016 update.
- Community Enhancement Program – 21st June 2016
Prior to the 2016 Update
The Clean Energy Program is a part of the Community Enhancement Program (CEP) approved under condition 5.6 of the wind farm’s Development Approval. The CEP document is a binding document between the wind farm and the NSW Department of Planning and Environment. Information included in the other documents is provided for your convenience (often including simplified summaries to try and make your life easier), but should any information conflict, the CEP document remains the binding commitment with the NSW Department of Planning and Environment.